Tuesday 31 October 2017

Happy Halloween and a fun printable

Hi Honeys
I hope you're having a wonderful day and having fun preparing for the fun of Halloween tonight.  I had such fun yesterday making up little treat bags for tonight ๐Ÿ˜Š

This hasn't been a great year so far dear ones, it started in January with a bad chest infection and I've been really struggling with my health all year since.  With the last few weeks taken up with trips to hospital and to see our Dr I really needed a smile and yesterday I got to spend a couple of hours smiling as I made up treat bags for tiny humans who'll be knocking on our door tonight.

Happy Halloween

I adore Halloween honeys.  We have a dress up weekend at work which is always fun.  Last year I managed to convince the sweetest wee boy that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry was a real school and this year I had a mini wand duel with another wee boy who proudly told me he was a Griffyndor and seemed amused that I was dressed in my Slytherin House uniform, "why aren't you a Griffyndor tho?" he asked me ๐Ÿ˜Š

Halloween is absolutely the highlight of my Autumn each year and I so look forward to making up lots of treat bags for our visiting trick or treaters.  Each item included in the little treat bags is picked for smiles and fun. 



In the run up to Halloween bags full of treats begin to take over our home in preparation for creating little treat bags for visiting trick or treaters...

This years treat bags all include among the candy items little individual boxes of Casper the Friendly Ghost candy sticks & "popping candy" packets.  Aren't they adorable honeys?  I loved Casper as a child, I used to read the comic books and I love that he's still around on Halloween all these years later ๐Ÿ˜Š

Casper the friendly ghost candy

We have such fun every year choosing items to include in the treat bags and hopefully the tiny humans who take them home smile just as much at the contents too ๐Ÿ˜Š This years bags also have Halloween themed mallows, balloons (of course!) toffees, lolly pops, treat size packs of skittles and a "retro" sweetie too.  We got a huge bag of retro sweets, which includes long ago sweets such as love hearts, refreshers, chewits and parma violets ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Another of my favourite items this year were these fun drinking straws...

Day of the Dead themed paper straws

Aren't they cute?  I liked that the straws are paper rather than plastic and the little skulls are perfect for Halloween. 

A couple of hours work later and we have fifty treat bags all ready to make tiny humans smile ๐Ÿ˜Š

Trick or treat gift bags waiting for Halloween visitors.

I hope that we have enough bags made up!  It's so difficult to judge.  Some years we run out of little bags and give tiny visitors loose candy from the cauldron by the front door (what? doesn't everyone have a cauldron by the front door? ๐Ÿ˜Š hee hee) and other years we've had bags left over and Hubby has taken them to work and left them in the break room for co-workers ๐Ÿ˜Š

I had a little fun this morning and made a little printable for you...

Happy Halloween
  
You can download it here honeys.  It's transparent, so you could print it onto different coloured card stock and use it as a table decoration or maybe print onto plain paper for tiny humans to colour in?   

Have a wonderful, fun Halloween, whatever you're doing dear ones.  Till next time, smile lots and hug even more, huggles always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment