Saturday 24 June 2017

Saturday Smile: Who Are Your Angels?

Hi Honeys
I hope you've had a fabulous week and that you're looking forward to a wonderful weekend ๐Ÿ˜Š  It's been a bit of a week so I thought I'd make myself (and hopefully you) smile ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Is it OK if I share the sweetest, loveliest, made-me-smile-till-my-face-ached (in a good way) gift I was given recently?  I'm still smiling as I type this! I love it so much! More so because it was a gift from a very dear friend.  How sweet are these adorable angels?

Sweetest gift ever - A true friend touches your heart

Aren't they wonderful honeys?  Such a beautiful message too ๐Ÿ’–  Thank you Jenny, I love them!  I'm still sitting here smiling just seeing them in this photo ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  There are angels all around our home. They peep out from bookcases, smile from shelves and even live in my purse ๐Ÿ˜Š  I have the sweetest pewter coin, a gift from Hubby many years ago which has a blessing on it and an angel engraved into one side.

Do you believe in angels honeys?  I do. I always have.  In the times we find ourselves living, with so much of the world making no sense, we all need our angels.  Not all angels have wings though.

How many times have you ever been at your lowest point when something unexpected, something wonderful, something truly uplifting happened? Maybe the day of your beloved Mother-in-law's funeral when the world is still shattering around you and the phone rings and it's a dear friend who knows, just knows, you need someone (thank you Francine, love you honey xx).

We're all blessed with angels dear ones, even if sometimes it doesn't feel like it.  We're living in a world where everything moves too fast.  Social media can make everyone else's life look effortless by comparison to our own and it's so easy to doubt ourselves and to become isolated.  I was told once by a very wise person that if I ever found myself in a dark place in my life, before fighting my way out of it, to stop, just for a second and to look around.  The people still around then, they're real friends. Well, I would go further honeys, I'd say the people willing to be with us when the world has turned it back on us are our angels.

On the subject of angels, my darling Gramma told me a story when I was very young.  She said that when babies came into the world, they knew everything there was to know.  All of the history, the languages, everything.  "Even stuff that properly clever folk don't know..." these babies all know. Then, at the very second they're about to learn to speak, their own guardian angel appears, places a finger to their lips and says "ssshhh...."  and that's how we all get that little bow in the centre of our top lip ๐Ÿ˜Š

Who are your angels honeys? It's wonderful to count your blessings, I do it often, but it's just as awesome to count your angels ๐Ÿ˜Š Wishing you a fabulous weekend dear ones, full of smiles, hugs and angels too ❤  Huggles always xx

ps: Jenny honey, look where your dear wee angels are living. They have friends all around them too ๐Ÿ˜Š Thank you honey, I adore them and will treasure them.  Thank you for being one of my angels sweetheart xx

Angels make me smile... 

No comments:

Post a Comment