Thursday 20 April 2017

Oh To Live By The Sea...


Hi Honeys
Oh to live by the sea.  We're finally moving, altogether too slowly it feels like, into Summer and isn't Summer the perfect time to spend all day long at the beach? Feeling the salty air on your skin, the breeze blowing through your hair and the sun warming your skin?

If we lived by the sea shore I'd collect beautiful sea shells.  I'd play fetch with our furbaby Jade on the beach where she could run in and out of the sea with the waves chasing her.  We'd go for long evening walks, Hubby, Jade & I.

Mostly though I'd spend hours sitting on the beach, staring at the waves, feeling the sand between my toes and fingers.  I'd sit there, I'd feel my shoulders relaxing, every bit of tension disappearing, to be replaced by an inner calm.

Do you remember my beloved canvas honeys?  The one that hangs on the wall of our master bedroom?  It calms me this beautiful canvas and represents, to me, my dream home.

Dream Home By The Sea

The times I've, in my minds eye at least, walked down those steps and onto the beach, only to sit on the sand with my eyes closed, breathing the fresh, salty air.

It's good to have a dream honeys and mine is so vivid, so longed for that I can almost feel the salty, breeze on my face.

Oh to live by the sea...

Winslow Homer - On the Beach

I hope you're having a fabulous week dear ones, huggles always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment