Monday 25 April 2016

Rosie's Ikea Visit: Part One: GILTIG Collection

Disclaimer: I haven't been paid to promote any products, I just wanted to share our latest visit to my happy place :)

Hi Honeys
Today I thought I'd share some photos, as promised, from our recent trip to Ikea :)  I went a little overboard taking photos this trip though (sorry! so much to see!)  so I've had to split them into two posts :) This first post I've devoted to a new collection called GILTIG which really is pretty awesome.
Rosies Latest Ikea Visit - GILTIG Collection
Why not grab a coffee honeys and enjoy while we take a stroll through the vivid images and vibrant colours that make up the GILTIG collection...

Ikea GILTIG Collection ceramics & glassware
There are so many items in this collection, I have no idea where to start! There are porcelain tableware (including the most adorable tea cups & saucers) & glassware as well as textiles such as bedding, aprons, table clothes, tea towels, light shades, tee shirts, tote bags and there are even puzzles! 

Lets have a look shall we?
Ikea GILTIG Collection Display
In the above photo we can see two of the GILTIG throw cushion designs.  Yes the design on the white background cushion is made up of red eyes while the image on the cushion with the black background is of a brain.. Hold that thought honeys.

I have to admit to feeling a little confused at first.  My immediate reaction was "brains, red eyes and teeth... are we still in April? Has Halloween come early?" :) The designs really caught me off guard. I turned a corner and wow!  A sofa with brains and red eyes on cushions!

Intrigued... we investigated and found so many amazing items!  
GILTIG display
 Everywhere we looked there were new things to see...
GILTIG textiles
 The GILTIG items are not all about body bits though honeys :) There are kittys too!
GILTIG cups saucers and trays
 I adore these cups and saucers!
Ikea GILTIG cups & saucers
The GILTIG tableware is not restricted to cats though honeys.  There are also fish!  I really loved this gorgeous serving plate...
Large GILTIG platter
There are also fish on the dinner plates & side plates...
GILTIG dinner plates & side plates
 The stunning colours used in the designs are so beautiful against the white feldspar porcelain...
GILTIG Tableware Design
 Those teacups & saucers again....  Ikea GILTIG teacups and saucers
Dragging myself away from the cat and fishes designs Hubby and I investigated some other items. There were notebooks...
GILTIG notebooks
Cotton tote bags...
GILTIG tote bags
 Then there are tee shirts...
GILTIG tee shirt
Later, having finally (and grudgingly) moved on from the main GILTIG display area, we kept spotting items from the collection scattered around the store.  There was this table in the desk section...
GILTIG table top
 and there were items such as glassware and note books dotted around on displays too :)
Ikea GILTIG items as part of room displays
If you've read this blog before you'll know that I love bedding the way other ladies love shoes (altho I adore them too!) but unfortunately we had visited the Ikea store on a (very rare) Saturday when both Hubby & I didn't have work (note to self: NEVER do that again! I work in retail, you'd think I'd know how incredibly busy Ikea would be on a Saturday? The noise! :)

Being incredibly busy and being a Saturday, I wasn't able to take any photos of the GILTIG bedding because the displays had lots of children using them as trampolines!   I was able to find photos of the bedding designs for you though.  A small complaint, why are the designs only available in single bed size?
Ikea GILTIG bedding

I have a feeling that the GILTIG designs are going to divide shoppers honeys. Some will adore them and others not so much but I have to admit to loving the vivid colours and bold designs.  What about you? Do you like them?  Do you have a favourite?  I'm kicking myself for not buying a kitty cup & saucer! Maybe next visit :) You can find out a little more about the GILTIG Collection here honeys.

Had enough Ikea for one day?  Meet you back here tomorrow with a coffee and the last of (too many) photos from our recent visit :)  Till then dear ones, smile lots and hug even more :) Huggles always xxx

2 comments:

  1. Would you have any of the Ikea fish plates in your stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there,
      I'm afraid I didn't buy any of the fish plates on our visit to the store that day, although having looked through the photos in this post I so wish I had! I would have loved to have one of those tea cup and saucer sets too. There are online Ikea fan communities, I wonder if you'd be able to find someone who had spare plates they'd be willing to share?

      Maybe try Ebay? (try searching for "Ikea Designer Katie Eary Giltig Blue Fish") I do hope you manage to find one of these gorgeous plates and I'm so sorry that I don't have one for you. Thank you so much for visiting and for saying hello. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs x

      Delete