Tuesday 2 June 2015

New Weekly Dinner Menu & Free Printables ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi Honeys
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend and that you're seeing better weather than we are.  It's raining here honeys, it's been raining, off and on, for days and it's so depressing.  Today is the second of June and I swear it feels more like October.  I'm in need of cheering up dear ones, so I've been working on something to hang in our hallway. I like it so much I wanted to share it with you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Do you remember a menu printable I made a while ago? I've been using it happily to plan our weekly dinners and I thought it was time for an update :) I like the design of it, I like using it but I wanted a change.  Since Summer is definitely not being very summery I decided I'd change the colours of the menu to at least remind me it's supposed to be summer ๐Ÿ˜Š

Rosies Weekly Menu Printables

The menu on the left hand side of the image (in red & blue) is the original printable I'd made, and the other menu, in pastel shades on the right hand side of the image is the new one.  I've already changed the printable in our frame in the hallway and I'm loving the change, it's quite cheered the hallway ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you like either of the printable menus honeys, do feel free to download them.  I'd be so happy if you want to use them ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–   

Rosies First Menu Printable

The original printable, shown above, can be downloaded by clicking here

Rosies Pastel Dinner Printable


The new printable, in pastels, and shown above, can be downloaded by clicking here

To print them honeys, go into your printers options and choose to print in portrait and centre the image vertically.  Some printers you'll be able to "print to fit" the A4 paper, but if you print at 100% of the image size it will look like this:

Possible Printer Settings To Print Menu Printables

The darker rectangle shown in the image above is the menu printable as it will print on printer (A4) paper.  I should add that I am by no means technically minded, so if I can print them it's obviously very easy to do ๐Ÿ˜Š

I adore my menu planner honeys. I can't tell you what a difference it's made to how I thought about dinners for the week ahead.  I never used to plan dinner ahead at all really, most days I would just wander into the kitchen mid afternoon and open the fridge or freezer to see what looked interesting ๐Ÿ˜Š

When I started using a menu board I immediately noticed that I was wasting less food. I could plan to use any leftovers by using them as a basis for next night's meal, so it's saving money too.  I like having a plan for the week, I can plan ahead to make life a little easier on days I work, and make enjoy cooking something a little more time consuming on my days off.

Something else I've noticed is that planning ahead has allowed me to ditch processed foods almost entirely.  It's a very, very rare occurrence that a tin is opened around here and if a meal is taken from the freezer it won't be a "ready meal" it'll be one of my "made ahead and frozen for later" dinners ๐Ÿ˜Š

Just a tiny amount of organisation has completely changed how I cook and how we eat as a family.  Do you use a menu planner honeys?  Do you just plan dinners as I do or do you plan your other meals too?  Well dear ones, I have to go get organised for tomorrow, so till next time, hugs always and keep smiling xx

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this printable they are super helpful. I am trying to meal plan more at the moment as I know its better for our budget.

    Rebecca Elizabeth
    EnglishPrepster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca Elizabeth, thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to say hi, it means more than I can say, hugs x Your name is beautiful, Have you seen the little "to do" list printable? You can find it here: http://rosieshappymusings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/time-management-to-do-lists-with-free.html I laminated mine so I could use a whiteboard marker to write on it & then just wipe off again to re-use. You could just as easily though pop it into a plastic pocket or into a photo frame & write on the glass. Thank you again for visiting and have a great week, hugs xx

      Delete