Thursday 1 May 2014

Summer's almost here! Time for Maxis!

Disclaimer: I wasn't paid to write this post.

Hello again honeys,
With the weather here being a wee bit dreich... that is to say dreary, dull, miserable, entirely without cheer lol, we're basically talking "keep the curtains closed and stay inside" kinda weather :) So, to cheer myself up, I decided to post about happier things!


Today is May 1st, and it's May day. We are, and have been for several weeks now (are you listening weather?) officially enjoying British Summer time. What that means is that we ladies get to wear what is one of the most perfect, most comfortable, flatters all shapes & sizes and makes every woman feel amazing pieces of clothing. The Maxi dress!!

I so love Maxis :) They can be dressed up for evening wear with the addition of some pretty jewellery & stunning heels, or mixed with either flats or wedges (LOVE wedges) and some statement jewellery for day wear.  There are some seriously lovely designs around for this summer and I thought I'd share some of my favourites... 

Floral Print Maxi Dress by George at Asda

First dress to share has to be this gorgeous floral print from George at Asda.


Isn't it beautiful?  The print is just perfect but I especially love the lace inserts at the shoulders and across the back.  This beauty is available in sizes 8 - 24. You can find more details here. 

Lace Layer Maxi Dress by George at Asda

My next choice is also from George at Asda is made from a lovely soft jersey and is available in black & in cerise. I can honestly say that when I first saw this dress in store I said "wow."


There is an elasticated waist, giving a good fit & allowing the material to just fall softly down to the hem. The waist is hidden by the lovely draped lace to both the front and back. The straps are adjustable, it's available in sizes 8-24 and is amazing value at only £10.  You can see this stunning dress here.

David Emanuel Sunray Pleat Maxi Dress at Bonmarche 

Next is a really pretty dress from the David Emanuel Collection available at Bonmarche, which is not only beautiful enough to wear somewhere very special but is available in two lengths! Which is great for those of us who long to be 5 foot 8" tall and who just, well aren't :)


Sizes available are 10-24 and it's even machine washable.  It's a little more expensive at £35 but I think it would look amazing for a summer outing somewhere special or for evening wear.  You can find details here.

Plain Maxi Dress by Yourstyle

I'd say this pretty dress was anything but plain! As you can see from the images below it's available in both plain black & in white/coral. 


It's not so generous size wise, (which is unfortunate since currently I'm a 16/18) but its just so pretty I couldn't not include it. Available sizes are 8-14 and it's an unbelievable £9.99 and you can find full details here.

Animal Ruffle Maxi Dress By Beautiful You

This dress can be worn on or off the shoulder, has an elasticated waist and would be such fun to accessorize with some lovely chunky or statement necklace & bracelets and, of course, my much loved wedges :)   


It's available sizes are 10-20 (yaay!) and you can see full details here.

OK, so we've seen lots of lovely maxi dresses, but sometimes a girl just needs a maxi skirt! To team with a vest or camisole & lots of accessories, just because :) This one is just beyond fabulous.

Moda Aztec Print Maxi Skirt by George at Asda

So, we finish where we started, back with George at Asda.  What can I tell you, I'm a George kinda gal :) Seriously though, There are so many ways to accessorize this skirt it makes my heart smile :)


Daytime look? team with a plain white cotton vest, either flats or my beloved wedges, some beautiful chunky jewellery, a brightly coloured shrug and, depending on your preference, either a smart cross body bag or a huge tote (beach anyone?)

Night time? Take this same beautiful skirt and team it with a lace or sequinned camisole, add a wrap or crop jacket, some seriously bling costume jewellery, killer heels & an updo to show your neck, add some fabulous scent and you have evening glamour.

The skirt can be found here and is available in sizes 10-20.

So, honeys, how do you feel about maxis? Hit or miss? What will be your summer wardrobe highlight this year? What about colours? Are you a rainbow fan or do you prefer monochrome? Do share in the comments section below, or even just say hello :) Thank you for visiting, I hope you're having a wonderful day, sending mountains of hugs your way xx

2 comments:

  1. I like the pleated Bonmarche dress and the aztec maxi a lot. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah, thank you for visiting, that Bonmarche dress is amazing isn't it? Would be fab if there was a summer wedding or christening to go to. I never used to have much time for George at Asda, but they've come a long way the past couple of years. Their sizes are pretty good (for example I have broad feet and their court shoes are so, so comfortable) & I always know I'll find something I like there. Prices are good too. I'm still very new to blogging but it's fun, hopefully I'll get better at it :) Thank you again for visiting and saying hello, sending hugs, have a great weekend x

      Delete