Friday 7 March 2014

About me...


Hello there, lovely to meet you :)

Welcome to Rosies Cottage HQ

Welcome to Rosie's Cottage HQ.  Do pull up a chair, kick off your shoes and make yourself at home ๐Ÿ˜Š

What you'll find here are the musings of a blissfully happily married, incredibly lucky lady who is also mum to the sweetest furbaby you'll ever meet ๐Ÿ’—  This is our baby Jade.....

Happy, smiling Jade, we adore our furbaby.

Isn't she a cutie? We were blessed to adopt our precious angel from a rescue when she was approx. 7 months old, and she is the apple of our eye๐Ÿ’–   I've been told our baby is spoiled (the cheek!) and I always reply that she is not spoiled! She's just loved an awful lot ๐Ÿ’–

Jade loves walkies with Dad, cuddles on the sofa with her Mum and naps, she also adores her cuddly stuffed toys, especially the squeaky ones ๐Ÿ˜Š Back to me then, although I could chat happily about our baby Jade for hours ๐Ÿถ

I'm a Spoonie and battle arthritis - inflammatory (RA) & osteo, fibro and asthma. Well meaning people often tell me that I'm "too cheery" or "don't you cope well."  I say well meaning (and I'm very sure they are) but it can grate on a person no matter how well intended. 

Anyone who has mobility problems & all of the other associated baggage that accompanies living with a chronic illness, knows how incredibly difficult coping is and really doesn't want it pointing out.  I know honeys, I sound ungrateful for the concern of others (and I'm so not) it's just that I'm really not a fan of "pity parties."

Self care is so important to everyone, not just those living with health issues, but there's a fine line between acknowledging the limitations a chronic condition might place on us and allowing them to exert too much control over how we live, in my humble opinion. 

I love reading, writing, and trying out recipes. My kitchen experiments are tested on my poor long suffering husband, who has yet to complain, well ever, bless him (thank you sweetheart x) ๐Ÿ’•

We are currently involved in home re-organisation, yep I said we.  Of all the blessings I've had in my life, beyond a doubt my darling husband is the finest.  Anything I've ever gotten excited about, whether something silly like my latest recipe experiment or wanting desperately to organise our home from top to bottom, he's smiled his beautiful smile, given me a huge hug and joined right in ๐Ÿ’–

I did say I was a very lucky lady, and when I count my blessings and say thank you every day, Hubby is my first, always ๐Ÿ’— I try to keep myself as busy as I can and love to tweet, pin and most of all to hug ๐Ÿ˜Š Seriously, I'm a serial hugger! Can't help myself ๐Ÿ˜„

Thank you for stopping by, do say hello in the comments section below and I promise I'll reply. Have a fabulous day dear ones, sending you heaps of hugs,
Rosie xx

Ps: You can find me on Bloglovin on Twitter and on Pinterest if you're around do say hello ๐Ÿ˜Š
huggles xx

Huggles Always, Rosie x



No comments:

Post a Comment