Friday 27 October 2017

Self Care Project: Skin Care & A Little Treat For My Face


Disclaimer:  I haven't been paid to promote any products, just sharing my latest step on the path of my self care project and a little treat I bought for my face x

Hi Honeys
How are you today?  Here we are on the last weekend of October.  Halloween is on Tuesday but before then I have two "dress up days" at work and on Sunday Hubby & I will spend the afternoon making up little treat bags for the tiny humans who'll visit on Tuesday.  This might well be the best weekend I've had in months honeys 😊  I just love Halloween 👻


If you saw my post yesterday you'll know I've decided to begin a new project which I've called my self care project.  I think it's way overdue too honeys because there's been close to zero self care around here for a very long time.  My first, very tentative step is to try to deal with the dry skin on my face which is irritating me terribly.

Hydrated skin is happy skin...

I've tried so many different moisturisers with little to no effect.  I'm assuming I just haven't found what works for me yet.  I've also started making a real effort to drink more water every day.  So far I've been able to get through between a litre to a litre and a half each day, in addition to my normal cups of tea, glasses of milk, fruit juice etc and I'm hoping to keep to this and maybe once I get used to my new routine manage to increase it a little.   

The dry skin is mostly to be found above and into my eyebrows and also a little on my forehead and while I appreciate that in the scheme of things it doesn't mean that much it's all I can see when I look in the mirror now.  This awful dry, sometimes flakey skin. A bit like skin dandruff?  I mean just ick! 

While flipping through one of the Christmas gift catalogues Hubby brought home (can we all agree that this year has raced past again?) I spotted the most adorable little hydration gift set and decided I'd treat myself.  So I hopped online and reserved it and then Hubby popped in to pick it up and brought it home for me (thank you sweetheart x) 

The gift set is made by Simple, so I know the products don't have any perfumes or anything to bother my skin and it looks like this...

Feel Good Hydration Gift Set by Simple

When the (very pretty) packaging is opened we have...

Feel Good Hydration Gift Set by Simple - Contents

The set contains the following items honeys...

Feel Good Hydration Gift Set by Simple - Products included in set.

From left to right:

  • A bottle of micellar cleansing water (200 ml or 6.7 fl oz) 
  • A bottle of hydrating light moisturiser (125 ml or 4.2 fl oz)
  • A pack of  micellar cleansing wipes (25 wipes in the pack)
  • A soft micro fibre face cloth

The products are packaged inside a pretty white basket...

Feel Good Hydration Gift Set by Simple is packaged inside a pretty re-useable basket.

After having tried so many moisturisers I've been thinking.  Maybe I should be concentrating on my cleansing routine as well as making efforts to hydrate my skin?  Right now I've been exfoliating every second day or so (have to or my skin literally flakes.. ick!) and use a vitamin C face wash.

This might take trial and error until I find a system that works dear ones. This little set wasn't all that expensive, it was £11.99, but I'm looking forward to trying the products.  Who knows I might have found a system that works. I won't know until I try.

After my shower I slather on sooooo much of my much loved Righteous Butter and the skin on my knees and elbows is like velvet.  Unfortunately, Righteous Butter is a body butter so I don't feel secure about using it on my face.  Dry skin today what'll change tomorrow?   

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with patches of dry facial skin?  I'm open to suggestions. Do leave a comment below if you have any ideas for me to try.   
I've found a page of tips for dehydrated skin on the Simple website, you can find the link here

Whatever you're doing this weekend honeys, have fun.  Is anyone off to any Halloween parties?  I'll be wearing a Hogwarts uniform, Slytherin House of course since I'd never have seen the movies if they hadn't starred the wonderful, and much missed, Alan Rickman.  My happiest moment and biggest smile from last year was convincing an adorable little boy that Hogwarts was not only real but that I went there.  If you missed it you can read about it here.

Till next time dear ones, smile lots, have heaps of fun and don't miss a chance to hug 😊 Happy Halloween and huggles always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment