Saturday 7 October 2017

Christmas Is Arriving Early This Year!!

Hi Honeys
Christmas trees are appearing! Yep, not just trees either, we're talking window displays, tinsel, assorted baubles and so much lighting that, in the words of one lady I spoke to at work last night, who was referring to a particularly vibrant holiday display she'd seen on her way home from work "that tree will be visible from space!"

The very early arrival of Christmas trees & decorations in our neighbourhood this year...

I've been keeping count of how many Christmas trees have appeared locally so far and as of last night there are now six homes with trees in place and decorations all done.  The first of these trees appeared almost two weeks ago and it's been joined steadily by other trees since 🎄

There may even be others dotted around brightening the ever gloomy Scottish skies but it does raise questions, don't you think honeys? When is the "right" time to decorate for the holidays?  Is late September too early?  Is it anyone else's beeswax anyway? 😊

I'm genuinely surprised and a little puzzled dear ones.  We were recently chatting in the break room at work about how time has flown past this year and next thing I know Christmas trees are being spotted 😊

Maybe everyone needs a little cheering?  This past year has been a challenging one in so many ways and if heading up into the loft in search of the Christmas decorations brings a little joy then why not?

When is the earliest you've ever decorated for the holidays honeys?  Are you seeing Christmas trees appearing near you too?  Till next time dear ones, have a wonderful weekend full of smiles and hugs, wrap up warm, it's getting chilly ❄ Huggles always xx

A little Scottish holly.  Christmas trees & decorations are appearing early in our neighbourhood this year...

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I haven't seen any trees yet, but the shops here are starting to add their Christmas aisles :) I will admit, I've done all my shopping already and I've booked a trip for the kids to see Santa on a steam train! Very excited for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria, you've finished your Christmas shopping already? I'm impressed! One of these days I'm going to be far more organised about the holidays than I currently am :) There was a Santa in the local shopping centre on Saturday afternoon, he was posing for photos with everyone and handing out balloons. Only 11 weeks from today till Christmas day :) Thank you so much for visiting, it was lovely to find your comment waiting for me. Hope you're having a fab week, I loved your post on keeping wee ones safe when using their mobile phones. Teaching how to use them responsibly and how to stay safe is so important. Sending heaps of hugs xx

      Delete