Friday 16 September 2016

Blogtember Day 16: How I De-Stress And Find My Calm..

Hi Honeys
Here we are again, back with day sixteen of the Blogtember blogging challenge organized by the lovely Bailey Jean of Brave Love Blog.  Blogtember is a fun link up which encourages bloggers to post every day in September using a list of prompts.

Blogtember Day 16 - How I de-stress and find my calm

Today's prompt: How do you de-stress/take care of yourself?

I have stubbornly high blood pressure honeys, I take medication which helps but I'm aware (after being told off some time ago at my Doctor's office) that I do need to be careful.  Unfortunately, things happen at work at times that can be upsetting (ask anyone who works retail) and when this happens I need to have a coping mechanism.

I have a couple of ways to chill, to de-stress and to find my calm place again.  Music always helps honeys. Always.  As do hugs from Hubby & our furbaby Jade :) Hugs always help. No matter what the problem, a hug is a wonderful way to feel instantly better :)

When I really am stressed though, when I really need to slow my heart rate, when I need to feel calm again, I go upstairs and sit in the middle of our bed and stare at this...

My calming image

There are no words for how much I adore this canvas. It hangs on the wall in our master bedroom and I've stared at it so often and for so long over the years that it's become my calm place.  In my dream life I would love to live by the beach.  Just Hubby, Jade & I.  In the evenings we'd go for a walk and Jade could play fetch with her ball :)

When I'm stressed I stare at this canvas until I can mentally step into the image, walk down those sand covered steps and sit on the beach, listening to the waves and feeling the salty, sea breeze on my face.  It never fails honeys.  I adore this canvas.

How do you de-stress and find your calm?  Till next time dear ones, huggles always xx

Blogtember 2016

2 comments:

  1. Gosh visualization is so powerful! I love this beautiful canvas. What a great practice! And you're right, hugs always do help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather x Hugs are the best! I adore hugs, I hug all the time! I'm a human koala bear :) I can't help it, I read one of those motivational posters once that said "if you see someone without a smile, share yours with them" and I think a great way to share a smile and share happiness is by hugging. I hug customers at work and you know I've never had anyone not hug me back, and I do it a lot! Sending you mountains & mountians of hugs always dear wee friend xxx

      Delete