Tuesday 13 September 2016

Blogtember Day 13: If Only I Could...

Hi Honeys
Hello and welcome back for day thirteen of the blogtember challenge link-up organized and hosted by the lovely Bailey Jean of Brave Love Blog.

We're almost half way through the month already and hasn't it been fun so far?
Blogtember day 13

Today's prompt: If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be? Why?

I don't even have to think about this one honeys. If I could switch lives with anyone, even if it's only for a day, I would swap places with myself some twenty years ago. Before the arthritis arrived. Before I lost so many loved ones from my life.

Why?  Well obviously a whole day without pain would be wonderful but I would so love to be able to do the things I used to do again without giving them a second thought.  I want to run for a bus, I want to get up and start my day without planning every single task to the tiniest, most minute detail as I do now.

I want to be able to do whatever I feel like, housework, laundry, shopping, whatever it is, without having to factor in an entire day afterwards lost to complete exhaustion because even these very basic tasks always wipe out my reserves of energy.

Health issues aside though, if I could switch the me now for the me twenty years ago I'd have another chance to spend time with loved ones now parted from me.  I could see them, chat one more time and ask all of the things I realised I didn't know after they were gone but mostly I could, even just once more, wrap my arms around them and hug them so tightly and tell them how much I love them. Even just one more chance to do that would be so wonderful.

Tell loved ones how much they mean to you honeys, tell them every day.  Never, ever let a chance to hug them go past, never be too busy to say "I love you" because time passes so fast and some day you'll wish more than anything you had just one more day.

Till tomorrow dear ones, thank you for visiting, huggles always xxx

Blogtember 2016

4 comments:

  1. Oh Rosie! I so resonate with this one. Gosh, if I could go back and have a little chat with my 16 year old self and tell her she's okay I so would. Your post is really authentic and honest and I so appreciate that. We often forget what we have when we compare to others (at least I know I do!) Much love to you Rosie oxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, thank you honey xx I so agree, oh if I could go back to my late teens/early 20s and change some things, sit myself down and tell myself not to listen to people who were telling me I wasn't worth anything, that wee rosie was so miserable for a very long time. You're such a wonderful person Heather, I hope you know that. You've worked so hard for those exams just so that you can help others and that's awesome. Your clients are blessed to have you in their corner angel, sending hugs always dear wee friend xxx

      Delete
  2. Rosie, what a good take on this question! Run for the bus! I don't have arthritis and I can't do that either. Wishing you at least one pain free day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, aw thank you honey xx When I was at university around twenty years ago I used to get off the bus and would have to run the last of the route to class (it was a massive campus) almost two miles! It was nothing to me at the time, I did it without a thought and oh how I wish I could even walk to the bottom of the street now :/ Maybe the answer is to be happy with what we can do instead of missing what we can't. Sending heaps of hugs honey xxx

      Delete