Thursday 14 January 2016

A Sad, Sad Day...

Hi honeys,
I'm sorry I haven't been around much this week. It hasn't been the best of weeks really. I'm not sleeping much at all and the cold is playing havoc with my joints with most of the pain being in my lower spine where I have osteo arthritis.  I so wish Spring would hurry up honeys, things still hurt but I cope so much better when I can distract myself with sunshine, laundry and roses.

I had hoped to post an organizing post today but I was blindsided by the death of a man I've adored passionately for almost thirty years and was never lucky enough to meet.  Crazy? Maybe honeys, but it doesn't hurt any less if I tell myself so.  Today the fabulously talented actor Alan Rickman died and the world is so much darker for his no longer being a part of it.

Other than truly being an acting great, he also had a voice that made velvet seem like sandpaper by comparison and was also a genuinely wonderful human being who cared deeply about the world around him and the people in it.

The Potter books I've read and re-read and love so much I might never have read at all if not for Mr Rickman playing Snape in the movies.  I spent all those years telling everyone who would listen (and some who didn't care either way) that Snape was positively not the villain he was being made to look. Imagine my joy then on the eventual outcome of the story :)  There is so, so much more I want to write but can't. I cried today for a wonderful man and a specially reserved corner of my heart broke. It's a sad, sad day honeys xx.

Candle-flame-no-reflection

6 comments:

  1. Big hugs Rosie. It is a sad, sad day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi honey xx First Bowie and now Mr Rickman. I didn't sleep again last night and this morning I actually feel like someone's hit me. Can't explain it any other way. Sixety nine isn't anywhere near old and all I keep thinking is that if the world spent as much on cancer research as they do on wars then cancer might have been wiped out by now. We lost Mum, Dad and my dear Gramma all to cancer and it's just not bloody fair. I know you understand honey, thank you for being there sending heaps of hugs always xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry Rosie. You have such a big heart and I so admire that. Scott and I were able to go to Harry Potter World over break and it was absolutely magical. He really is such an amazing actor. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself to be sad. oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather xx You're such a sweet person x :) Harry Potter world looks like such fun! I hope you had the best time honey x Dear Mr Rickman was such a huge part of my life for so many years and he'll always be there. I'll always have my dvds of his movies and he'll always have a place in my heart. I've been lucky enough to meet so many of my favourite actors over the years but never managed to meet him, I so wish I had, even once to tell him how much he, and his movies, meant to me. It's odd isn't it honey? How we can truly feel as if we know someone without having met them? If you ever get the chance to see it, I highly recommend a movie Mr Rickman made called Snow cake. It's beyond fabulous. Such a sweet movie. Huggles always honey xxx

      Delete
  3. so sorry to hear you haven't been well Rosie! I agree about Mr. Rickman, we lost an amazing talent. Hope you are back to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! So lovely to see you honey xx Winter doesn't agree with me at all but I'll be fine honey thank you xx It's only a few weeks till the clocks go forward again and at least it will be lighter in the mornings, and stay light later in the day too. That alone will be a blessing after such a long, cold and dark Winter. I hope you're well dear one, sending heaps of huggles xxx

      Delete