Friday 6 November 2015

Friday Smiles - Late Autumn Roses Update

Hi honeys
Good grief the wind is chilly today! It's also a miserable, dreich day outside too. If it wasn't November it could easily be a Scottish Summer :) I've always thought that our weather is at least partly responsible for making Scots such a resilient people :)

The reason I'm waffling about the wacky Scottish weather honeys is that I wanted to let you see how the roses in the garden had changed since I shared them last week.  Off I went with my camera into  our tiny front garden to snap a couple of photos.  The sky of course choose that moment to open and I came back into the house very soggy indeed.  You're worth it though honeys :)  So here they are.....
Roses in November
They make me smile each time I see them :)  I'd really like to add another rose bush to this tiny front garden in the Spring, possibly over by the front door, so that's something to look forward to.  Just for the record honeys, I'd still prefer to be a lovely grizzly bear and just hibernate through this truly icky weather, waking in Spring just in time to hang my laundry outside :) However, I'm not a grizzly bear, I'm a wee Scottish lady so in the meantime I'll have to be happy with lots of layers to keep the winds (and rain) away and concentrate on finding beauty around me, like these roses :) The countdown to Spring has begun :)

I hope you're looking forward to a fabulous weekend honeys and that your weather is much better than ours is right now :) Till next time dear ones, stay warm and safe, hugs always xx 

6 comments:

  1. It's cold here today too. My mums are about finished!
    Hugs to you this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wrap up warm honey, please stay safe. Colds and chills at this time of year take forever to get rid of again :/ I was complaining today about the horrible weather and how much I dislike this time of year and someone at work pointed out that in 7 weeks time we'll be in January and then it's no time at all till our gardens start smiling for us again. I love that :) it's a lovely way to be able to look forward :) Stay warm Heidi, sending heaps and heaps of huggles for you xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosy! It good to see you and read about you via blog. I have been missing my blog land! I love your garden and roses! They are so pretty! It's starting to rain today too and the temps is dropping. Ready for my boots and scarves oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, it's so lovely to see your comments xx I'm already longing for March/April, I'm so not a Winter person :) We had a storm during last night, they were calling it storm Abigail on TV but we 're all safe and sound here fortunately, a little further up the Western coast though there are power lines down :( No one hurt though thank God, everything else is just stuff. Please stay warm honey, definitely the weather now for scarves, boots and winter woollies. Poor Hubby spent over two hours in the back garden earlier this week clearing all of the leaves, only to find the garden covered in them again next morning! Oh dear :) Have a fabulous weekend dear wee friend, sending heaps and heaps of huggles always xxx

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad everyone was safe! Storm Abigail sounds a bit scary!

      Delete
    3. It was ok honey, just very rainy and windy is all. Basically a Scottish Summer only a wee bit chillier :) When you think about it really in only a few weeks, maybe 8 or 10, and we'll all be looking forward to Spring waiting for daffodils to appear and making plans for Summer :) Take care of you and stay warm ok? sending heaps of huggles dear wee friend xx

      Delete