Friday 16 October 2015

Blue Skies in Autumn..

Hi honeys
This is just a quick post to hopefully share a smile :) You might have heard me moan mention :) a few times that I'm so not a fan of the chilly, dark (who turned the lights off?) days of a Scottish Winter.  I might even have mentioned a few times my longing to be a grizzly bear, just so I could go snuggle under a duvet around October and wake up in time to start hanging out laundry around March :)

Well, just as I'm getting ready to close all of the curtains in the house and keep them that way till Spring, mother nature goes and does this....
Beautiful blue skies in Autumn
It all started this morning when I looked out of the kitchen window and saw this....
Blue skies with lots of fluffy clouds
Lots and lots of fluffy clouds with the bluest of skies just peeking through :) We're now in mid October and just as I'm starting to think about digging out winter woollies we have the loveliest fluffiest clouds :)

Only a short while later the fluffy clouds were all gone and left this.....
Beautiful clear blue skies
Isn't it just beautiful honeys?  A perfect, beautiful, clear blue sky.  I've always thought the most  sublime beauty can be found in nature and today mother nature has outdone herself. It made me smile and I wanted to share :) This is as close to a faultless day as can be, the only thing missing is warmth.  It's a perfect Autumn day though, not Summer.  If you do catch the very slight breeze it's very chilly.  Cold enough to make pulling on a sweater or a cardigan necessary to stay outside longer than a few minutes.

Over to you honeys, do you have blue skies today? I hope so.  Whatever your weather is like today dear ones, I hope you have the best weekend ever, full of smiles, hugs and laughter :) Till next time, huggles always xx

8 comments:

  1. I agree 100%, I dread the Minnesota winter and wish I could curl up in front of a fire and stay inside until it's over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! you understand me! Hardly anyone does, whenever I start my yearly "oh no! winter is coming" speech mostly folk go to great lengths to try to convince me how wonderful winter is :) Christmas, snow, hot chocolate.... actually I like the hot chocolate but I can make that all year long :) I'm just so not a winter person is all. I don't like being cold and feel so much happier in the sunshine. I agree Heidi, we should be allowed to stay indoors till it all over :) Have a fabulous weekend honey, sending heaps of huggles xxx

      Delete
  2. A nice sunny day has such a good effect on my mental health. I wish we could have blue skies every day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah! oh I so agree!! Just opening the curtains to glorious sunshine in the morning is enough to make a day wonderful, I even cope with pain better. I've been struggling for the past few days, the arthritis is trying to kick my butt, it's linked to the changing of the seasons I suppose, it's getting so cold now and I really do just want to go snuggle under a duvet till Spring. Thank you so much for visiting & making me smile, I hope you're well honey, sending heaps of gentle squeazy hugs always xxx

      Delete
  3. I love your blue skies Rosie! What a beautiful day. I love puffy, fluffy clouds especially. Over here, it is finally cold enough to sleep with covers on so that's pretty exciting. That and having a dry closet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather :) I'm so glad you have a closet at long last! Such a simple thing but it means the world when we don't have one! I adore blue skies and you'll laugh, but do you remember those little "my pet cloud" crafts? I have a little pet cloud sitting on my desk :) I thought he could keep me company till Spring arrives again :) Have a wonderful weekend Heather and stay warm, huggles angel xxx

      Delete
  4. Those pictures are pretty! I like looking at the beauty the sky offers daily. I hope you are having a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lily! Hello honey! I hope you're having a fabulous week and looking forward to a wonderful weekend. It's starting to get downright chilly now, I keep expecting to bump into penguins when I go out into the garden :) I'm so not a Winter person, I basically hide under a mountain of sweaters and cardigans and wait till Spring arrives :) Sending heaps and heaps of huggles always honey xxx

      Delete