Sunday 6 September 2015

Blogtember Day 6: Share Your Style

Hi honeys
Well, here we are on day six of the Blogtember Challenge 2015, a daily blogging challenge organized by the lovely Baily Jean from Brave Love Blog.
Blogtember Challenge 2015 day 6 vintage fashion
Today's post prompt is: "Share your style. What fashion trends do you love, frequent or avoid? 

I have always said to anyone who'll listen that I was born too late, and I so was.  I am a woman out of my destined time.  I was raised by my Gramma so I grew up listening to The Rat Pack, Jim Reevesthe Andrews Sisters, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, you know, real music :)

I've always had a passion for vintage fashion too honeys. I spent my entire twenties wearing pencil skirts, wiggle dresses, crisp cotton or lace blouses and high heeled court shoes. I was forever in search of an occasion to wear one of my hats.  I adore pinning to my vintage fashion & beauty board and I so long for the days when ladies wouldn't have left the house without their hat and gloves.

In my post on fashion during last year's blogtember challenge, which you can read here honeys, I shared some of my vintage creations from my Polyvore account.  If you love fashion, Polyvore is beyond heaven, since it allows you to create looks using designer items, high street items, anything in fact you can find online. Polyvore itself has a huge database of looks and fashions to choose from and create with.  If you haven't joined do go check it out :)  

I recently watched a documentary on You Tube called Time Warp Wives which showed modern day women living their lives in vintage fashion, both in their clothing and in their home décor.  If you haven't seen it honeys you can find it here.  It's wonderful and I've watched it a few times now.  If Hubby and I could find one of these interest groups they mention in the programme we'd definitely join. 

A large element of my excitement over my new closet, created & decorated for me by Hubby (thank you sweetheart x) is that I've started wearing dresses almost every day again, even when I'm only going to be at home all day.  I've treated myself to a few pretty dresses over the past couple of months and I so look forward to getting dressed every morning, choosing my accessories, jewellery and hair accessories.
 
So, there it is honeys.  I adore vintage fashion. I adore glamour (although I'm nowhere near pretty enough to be glamorous myself) I long for the days when ladies dressed like ladies.  As I said, I was born too late :)  Till next time dear ones, hugs always xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment