Thursday 2 October 2014

Blogtember Challenge Day 30: Blogtember: A Month in Review

Hi honeys :)
It's the final instalment of the Blogtember Challenge! Oh no!! I'm so going to miss waking up and checking to see what the latest prompt is, writing & posting my own post for the day and then going to twitter to search for the #BlogtemberChallenge to see what everyone else has written.

Day 30: A farewell coffee date. Take some time to breath, sip a warm drink, and share with your new blogging buddies. If you'd like a prompt: how did the Blog-tember challenge go for you? Any surprises? What was your favorite prompt, or what would you like to see included next time?


The Blogtember Challenge has been the first time I've taken part in such an extended link up, lasting as it has for a whole month.  There has been such an amazing sense of community, of openness & friendliness among fellow bloggers taking part. Thank you so much and sending heaps of hugs to the lovely Bailey Jean for organizing Blogtember.  It's been a wonderful experience and I wouldn't hesitate to join another similar link up.

In the Day 28 post (which you can read here honeys) I wrote about the highs and low points of the month, choosing my favourite posts.  So I sort of feel like this post, the month in review, has already been partially written. I would like to add a few things however.

Thanks to this challenge I've learned a few things about myself, and I've also re-discovered a few others I'd forgotten, and it was nice to be reminded :)

1. I love blogging :) I really do! I love having this outlet for thoughts, feelings and creativity.  I love that it's helping me to document (and look back on) the work we're doing in our home, I love that I'm always making notes to myself about prospective blog posts :)

2. I've discovered that I actually enjoy having a target to meet.  The prompts were all there, posted by our lovely Bailey Jean to follow each day, and we all had 24 hours to post on that days topic.  I really wasn't sure at the beginning how I'd cope with having a post to write, edit & illustrate with a graphic every day, and a target of when it had to be posted, but you know what? I loved it :)

3. Again, I wasn't just writing (which I really enjoy) I was writing "to order" with the topic chosen for me. This in itself was unusual for me.  When I've written before, I've started with a blank page, put my hands on the keys (or picked up a pen/pencil) and stuff comes out :) This challenge has boosted my confidence, does that sound odd?  It's shown me that I can write for others, not just for myself and I'm so grateful for that.

Going forward, I think this experience will be a huge benefit to my blog. I've learned how to manage my time a little better, in order to get a post written, edited & published on time. It's made me realize too how important this little blog has become to me.  Even if no one else ever reads it, it's my voice in the world, when the world has moved on without me these past few years.

If you've read any of my waffle dear ones, thank you so much for keeping me company, it means more than I can say. Sending heaps of hugs & wishes for a fabulous weekend honeys (what? Thursday is nearly the weekend isn't it? :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment