An early start today, as always, and today it's back to the blogtember challenge, organized by the lovely Bailey Jean at Brave Love, this has been such a lot of fun :) Today's prompt is: Sept 18th: Tell a tale of traveling, a city or country you've been to or a favourite vacation
This is a tougher prompt than it might seem honeys. I don't travel, you see. I like to sleep in my own bed at night. Bit boring I know but there it is :) Everything I need to make me happy is to be found within the walls of our happy little home. In the scheme of things, I live my life in a very small goldfish bowl, and that's fine by me :)
Last year however, we took a trip to Edinburgh with three dear friends and had a fabulous time in spite of.....
1. Arriving too late to catch the official tour of the Castle, which I've been on previously & it's incredibly interesting.
2. Having unknowingly picked a day when there was a huge festival going on, so traffic was going nowhere, and it took us what felt like forever to find somewhere to park
3. It was November so it was chilly, chilly, chilly :)
4. There were five of us packed into a small car which, even though it was meant to have 5 passengers, still felt like we were crammed into a clown car :)
5. I'd made so, so many sandwiches & even flasks of tea & coffee & a bag full of cans of soda and we didn't bother with any of it, instead stopping at a take away on the way home :)
In spite of all of these things though, it was a wonderful day and oddly enough I smile more when I remember travelling there, and the long drive home, than about the day in Edinburgh itself :) It was amazing, and has become one of my favourite memories, not because of where we went or what we did or saw, but because of the company I had :) Even thinking about it now is making me smile while I write this :)
Do you have memories of a trip that make you smile just by thinking about it? I hope you're all having a great week honeys, till next time, sending heaps of hugs xx