Wednesday 28 May 2014

Quick update on the Peonies & Free Printables!

Yaaay! The peonies in our back garden are in bloom at last :) As promised in a previous post  I thought I'd update you on the peonies progress with some photos. I hope that they make you smile as much as they have me :)



Every year I wait to see them bloom and look forward to seeing their gorgeous shade of deep  burgundy red.  The photograph below was taken on Wednesday 21 May

A week in the life of Peonies

The photograph below, taken on 24th May, shows small, but beautiful changes :)

A week in the life of Peonies

I actually took photos each day for the past week, it was lovely watching these gorgeous flowers change day by day but I won't bore you with all of the photos (there are lots of them) Instead I'll just post the highlights :)  If we move forward to 25th May, this is what we see....

A week in the life of Peonies

I love roses but I have a very special place in my heart for peonies. Aren't they beautiful? My last photo was taken very early this morning, a little after 5am and I love how the light (or the flash? I've never taken a photography course so am entirely without a clue on the technicalities, I just point & click I'm afraid) made them look like this......

A week in the life of Peonies

They look almost magical don't they? I love this photo, it's one of several taken this morning and they all have a similar effect so I can only assume that it was either the flash or the early morning light, whatever it was, they're some of my favourite photos I've taken :)

So, last one then, This was taken less than an hour ago.

A week in the life of Peonies


I so look forward to these peonies blooming every year, They were grown from cuttings almost 20 years ago and have been in this large pot for almost 12 of those years. Year after year they bloom and say hello, they mean a great deal to me and I'm so happy to be able to share them with you.  

So honeys, as promised, I thought I'd make another printable when they finally bloomed and because of how pretty the photos are, I've made two :)  They are sized at 8 x 10 inches and the first looks like this.....

A week in the life of Peonies

The second printable is of this photograph:

Beautiful Peonies

It can be downloaded here.

I'd be so happy if you liked these enough to download them honeys, all I ask if that you download them for personal use only, so no Etsy or other commercial uses please.  Thank you so much for visiting, I'd love to hear what you think of the photographs, or even just say hello :)

You know the more I look at that second printable the more I think it would make a lovely canvas print for our bedroom. Just a thought :) I hope you're having a great day and an even better week, sending hugs honeys xx

No comments:

Post a Comment